Friday, May 1, 2009

Feeding the Rowleys

I have started this new blog to help me plan healthy meals for my family and to help keep track of what we're eating. We're trying to reform our family's eating habits in hopes that it will help us stay healthier. We will also be including our exercise activities.

I usually make a menu twice a month - once for each paycheck. My menu is mostly a dinner menu, because breakfasts and lunchs are pretty easy to figure out, and I like to keep breakfast and lunch simple - having a few meals that I can just decide to make. Like mac and cheese or PB&Js. Soon you'll see a list of our breakfast and lunch meals on the right hand side of the screen. At the end of each day (hopefully) I will post our food diary for the day. This will include what all of us have eaten (except of course Joseline since she just eats breastmilk every day).

I'll also be posting shopping tips, budgeting advice, and other helps for feeding a family the healthy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"To be sent greeting... by... the word of wisdom...

Given for a principle with promise, adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints...

All wholesome herbs [or plants] God hath ordained for the consitution, nature, and use of man-

Every herb [or plant] in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving...

And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings... shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones...

And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint."