Thursday, May 28, 2009

Zonya's Lickety-Split Meals

This cook book comes highly recommended by myself (it was highly recommended to me by a friend of mine). 

I have been cooking from it almost exclusively for the past few weeks, and thanks to being very influenced by this cookbook, I now have a full fruit bowl all week long, and a full veggie tray on the top shelf of my fridge. I'm a lot more serious about controlling portion size, too.

Zonya shares lots of great health tips in this book - there is only one other cookbook I actually "read" - my Fanny Farmer cookbook. The only difference is that I read Zonya to learn how to be healthy, and I read Fanny Farmer to learn how to cook :) 

Another thing I love about Zonya's book is how she organizes the recipes in her book. There are sections for 5 minute, 15 minute, and 30 minute meals, as well as an "Oven, Exercise, Eat" section - which I use on my Tuesday running day - pop a meal in the oven, go for my run, and have dinner on the table when I get back! It's fabulous. We do 15-minute meals on Monday so we can have lots of time for FHE. With the recipes already organized for you, it's really easy just to pick a meal and make it! Especially if you follow her grocery list in the back - then you always have the ingredients on hand to make anything in her book!

I have decided that this book is going to be our trademark wedding gift. If you get married, you will get this book from us. It's so fabulous, and makes cooking yummy meals SUPER easy. I enjoy cooking, and honestly, the cookbook is a little "dumbed-down." That's not a bad thing! I am able to substitute and tweak the recipes pretty easily to my own tastes, but if you follow the recipes word for word, you will be able to cook a really really nice meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"To be sent greeting... by... the word of wisdom...

Given for a principle with promise, adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints...

All wholesome herbs [or plants] God hath ordained for the consitution, nature, and use of man-

Every herb [or plant] in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving...

And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings... shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones...

And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint."