Friday, May 1, 2009

A Menu

This is what I use for our dinner menu. I have a Meal label and a Prep label for each day. In "Prep" I write down what I need to do that day to be ready to make the next day's meal. For example, if we're doing something that involves chicken on Tuesday, then under Wednesday's prep I would write "chicken" so I would be reminded to take chicken breasts out of the freezer and put them in the fridge to thaw. That way I don't have to thaw the chicken or beef or whatever in the microwave when I want to make dinner the next day. Each menu is big enough for me to put the entire month on the same menu. Another thing I like about having a menu is creating variety - I can make sure we're not eating the same meal  over and over again - makes for more exciting dinnertime. I also use my menu to make my shopping list, and to remind myself of any fresh things we'll need to buy closer to a meal like mushrooms and other produce that will go bad if I buy it two weeks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"To be sent greeting... by... the word of wisdom...

Given for a principle with promise, adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints...

All wholesome herbs [or plants] God hath ordained for the consitution, nature, and use of man-

Every herb [or plant] in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving...

And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings... shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones...

And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint."