Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Whole

After (very successfully... for at least a week) doing our cleanse, Russ and I have realized how much we really enjoy eating whole foods! We feel so much better lately (we cleansed for one week, and for the last week, we have been eating LOTS of whole foods). We eat more fruits and veggies, and less of everything else. My lunches consist mostly of salads.

Hold the dressing... I make my own.

I've been learning how to shop for whole foods to make it worth it to eat them. And strangely enough, I actually spend just about as much money on food now as I did before. I just buy more produce and less of everything else. And all the other stuff I do buy is canned veggies, beans and fruit or frozen stuff. And a little meat - which we're starting to transition over to ground turkey and only buying beef for things like steaks and stew meat. 

I'd forgotten how GREAT it feels to be eating whole foods. We eat more tuna and chicken than any other meat (with some salmon thrown in here and there) 

I shop once or twice each week now, instead of only on pay day and then once in between when we run low on milk or whatever. This is because we're always eating fresh produce! And it feels great!

I won't go into all the benefits of eating whole foods right now, but there are SO MANY! Eventually I will write about how to get your family to eat more whole foods, and how to plan meals so that you're eating more whole foods. Keep checking back for more on our whole food success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"To be sent greeting... by... the word of wisdom...

Given for a principle with promise, adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints...

All wholesome herbs [or plants] God hath ordained for the consitution, nature, and use of man-

Every herb [or plant] in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving...

And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings... shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones...

And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint."